Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lunch at the Skybury Coffee Plantation and Restaurant 

Feeding Wallabies in the rainforest
Seeing the Rainforst from a skyrail, although that was one we just passed

The Great Barrier Reef



Hi there, I have done a lot since I last wrote. I'll just write a few of the highlights. I got to go to the Great Barrier Reef and to the Rainforest which were both around the city of Cairns (pronounced cans). So on the day I went to the rainforest, I was on a tour with about 13 other people and I think there were maybe 4 of us under 40, and then a couple in their forties and all the rest were retired but everyone was really fun. There were multiple conversations (at least 4) during the day about how hard technology is and how young people are lucky to learn what to do  with it when they grow up. The second time this came up was after I "fixed" a camera for a couple, all I really did was make it stop zooming in, the couple thought it was broken because it couldn't focus. We all ate lunch together at this Coffee Plantation we had a tour of. The lunch came with the tour and it was pretty good, and then the coffee ice cream for desert along with a mocha. 

Then here in Sydney I got to go the Taronga Zoo, Opera House, and Botanical Gardens.  These were all next to each other so I did them all on Wednesday and it was a LOT of walking but the gardens were really beautiful. There were also a lot of bats there. And you could clearly see them in the trees and hear them, which was kinda eery.

The beach has been nice, I actually ran 3 kilometers this week so I'm working to get to 4 now.  

Oh and I got to go the Max Brenner Chocolate bar and Cafe Restaurant. I had some dark hot chocolate there. It was like a "build your own" type thing and kinda complicated to explain but it was really good. 

I'm going to add some more pictures later. 

No comments: