Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Here are a mom and baby kangaroo that live in the Outback, We (the family I work for whose property this is) drove around in the back of a pick-up truck trying to find them and these were the first we got to get an actual picture of.  
Here is a Koala that was sleeping at the wildlife park we went to right before we left the Outback. We kept petting him and he didn't wake up but I don't think he was dead just a heavy sleeper.
This one was probably the cutest because he was awake and looking at us. 


I was telling Alice and Joel I had this dream the other night where we played a drinking game when the family got together. It was a great drinking game because it involved dessert. Everyone had a dessert with them and whenever you had to drink you had either yours and/or someone else's dessert and then you had to pass your dessert to the next one having to take a drink. And we were drinking some very fancy drink but I can't remember much about it. Mom had this chocolate cheesecake that looked so good and it had a special chocolate frosting too. But one weird thing that happened was that we played with this very country guy from Mississippi who kinda cheated on the deserts. He made strawberry walnuts pancakes but tried to disguise it as a bundt cake. And they tasted weird too.

I had some kangaroo and it was really good. And I ate some food that was grilled with barbeque sauce and I ate it just fine and even enjoyed it. A big step for me. 

So on a serious note which feels a little strange because I usually don't bring things like this up online but we have been talking about the Holy Spirit at church and after a day of feeling so mad at myself for something I did I realized that feelings of guilts were just kinda consuming me and making me feel like less of a person. And I kinda think now that guilt is like an evil spirit that Satan wants to use to slow us down and make us feel defeated in our relationship with God and in life. So I just prayed for awhile asking God to remove this spirit of guilt I have had for so long and I've been freed. I'm sure that is something God has wanted to free me from for a long time.  So just something I'm experiencing here and and something that excites me. I'm also trying to deal with my silverware issue. I still hear it all but I try to focus on other things. 

Oh so I'm running 4 kilometers and I'm going to try to go 6 when I go running this evening. I'll let you know if I make it. 


4 comments:

Hannah Elizabeth said...

Em I am so impressed with your running! Maybe I'll try running again.........

Em said...

Oh um I did make it but not the evening I said I would go running. I don't think I got to go running on that day at all.

the bradleys said...

hey emily,
I guess I just didn't realize htat you updated your blog. Great running!
When we recognize our value as precious children of God things change on the inside. When we understand that God wants us more then God ever wanted anything it reveals every thing for what it really is. Heavy burdensome guilt that doesn't lead to restoration isn't from God. Mean feelings about ourselves aren't from God. God is only ever reaching out in compassionate love and deep desire for us to be with him. And not just reaching out, running to meet us and holding on tight and showering us with forgiving kisses that come wiht no strings attached-like the father of the prodigal son. You, too, are the beloved.

the bradleys said...

PS that last comment is from Andrea of "the bradleys."