Friday, September 5, 2008




Hi there,

I actually wrote a post before and I thought I saved it but I guess not. Lots of things happening here. I think I'm going to wait to write about Hostels. So here are a few things I have found interesting.

The hamburgers: They are different here. Instead of pickles they put pickled beets (bluh). Makes me think of Dwight. Also they put pineapple and avocado on theirs. All the rest is I think the usual that we have. Except they call ketchup tomato sauce and they call what we call tomato sauce tomato paste. I don't know what they call what we call tomato paste. Also the Pizza kinda has a different personality here. Way more toppings. They just don't make it plain. About the plainest you can get is Hawaiian. 

There was a huge fun run here. Tons of people ran from Sydney to Bondi. Its 14 km and one of the biggest fun runs in the world. I watched people come in right before reaching the finish line. Some people dressed up for charity (or maybe some for fun) but I saw all kinds of costumes. There were brides, fairies, someone was a valentines heart, super heros, especially spidermen. My favorite was Batman and Robin running together. There were mainly people in running clothes though. Speaking of running I'm up to a kilometer and going for more. 

Oh one of my favorite things to do in Bondi is to feed the birds. There are lots of sea gulls, magpies, and pigeons and they are very aggressive. They actually made Hester cry because they started crowd us and were kinda scary. They are very entertaining. Also what's entertaining is when Hester gets mad at a bird if it ate a piece of bread she threw to another one. 

Oh and I went to this huge Apple Computer store the other weekend. It was amazing and allowed people to use the Internet for free! But there were several stories and a huge apple you can see from far away outside. Apple computers are pretty popular around these parts. Oh and I got to see the harbor bridge and the Sydney Opera House while I was on a ferry. That was fun, some people actually take the ferry to work each day. This was all on one day but what was great was the pancakes I got at a restaurant. They were plain but had like a chocolate mousse creamy thing and then vanilla creme sauce in between them and then a special chocolate syrup and then walnuts and whipped cream I think. They were amazing. 





5 comments:

Mits said...

Hi!
You really enjoyed a lot in Sydney. You also wrote what ever you did that's cool. Keep enjoying.

===================================
Simran
nitishrocks

Anonymous said...

sooo, one kilometer... how many miles is that? do you think in kilometers now instead of miles? i think that i would like the pizzas there...

Em said...

Oh no Kilometers are less than miles. While I still think in miles everyone here does it by kilometer and thats how far across the beach is, 1 kilometer. Yeah Katie I bet you would like the barbeque pizza a lot.

the Lycans said...

i like to try new kinds of pizza. zach doesn't like anything more than pepporoni. we went to cici's last night! bring me home a slice, ok?
abbie

Razorback in China said...

Hey M, I almost forgot about this. Its awful about the pickle thing, I think I would die. I barely get them here. I miss you!